Crushing is an integral part of road building and processing of raw material in mining.
Our crusher units come from Finland to South Africa under the Metso brand, backed by Caterpillar (Cat). We go a long way back with Cat, so they provide us package deals and, most importantly, product support.
The crushers stand out as technical sophisticated mobile units that push the boundaries of most advanced equipment in the crushing industry.
- Keeping timeouts schedules
The 4 Arrows maintenance team is the heartbeat of crushing – we take it very seriously – it’s the difference between a working site and losing money. The machines have a self-destructive nature and are expensive, so the following measures and systems are in place:
- 4 hours of maintenance for every 10-hour shift
- Extended warranty with CAT
- Programming our technicians and mechanics to assist Cat when service is done
- Through this, we gain knowledge and cut downtime to a minimum.
- We send technicians and mechanics on regular courses to keep their skills current.
Maintaining machines establish a culture of pride, care, and responsibility for a safer working environment. It’s the 4 Arrows way.
Plant and Machinery
We operate our crushing machines on the following system – it’s the 4 Arrows way.
- The machines are mobile and can be moved easily to any destination
- Primary is the Lt 100 jaw crusher
- Secondary is the Lt 200 cone crusher
- 2 Deck screen is the Lt 358 that makes the system work and makes sizes.
- Vertical shaft impact is Lt 7150 for getting the grading and creating fines.
As with any large business, we need to comply to exist legally and we are happy to do so. We comply with Colto, SABS, TRH 4 and TRH 14 construction standards as follows:
- Where engineers or mine managers write their own special conditions of contract we make certain that they comply.
- Crusher run or G1 base material – 38mm or -26.5 mm
- G5 Natural or process sub-base material -90 mm or -55 mm
- Sizes for road surfacing 5mm, 13mm or 19mm
- 19mm concrete stone for bridges, channels or house foundations.
- Ballace and gabion stone
- Getting it right the first time is key – we don’t believe in paying penalties for being late and producing sub-standard material, we are just not late and don’t produce sub-standard material.
Getting it right the first time is surely the key because of the harshness of penalties for being late and sub-standard material being produced.
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
We don’t joke around when it comes to OHS; it’s our duty to lead by example in amongst other things – combating global warming and environmental issues that are affecting us all. It’s about our people too, their work environment and safety is first.
Mining licenses, rehabilitation, blasting, people safety, and NNR awareness and testing, as well as toolbox talks and teams wearing different coloured overalls to identify working restrictions, are some of the measures that we are proud of.
When it comes to benchmarking in the safety environment – no problem
We have a sound market and a wide customer base. There is a scarceness in the market for crushers and it is for sure a specialized market.
Staff and personnel
Crushing staff are in a class of their own. It takes a special type of person who will work a 16.5 hours day for 26 days in a month. It is a very stress full occupation and strong decision making is imperative.
Crushing is something that cannot be taught in theory as this is only a guideline in a perfect environment. It is an ever-changing process that is driven by experience that has been obtained by years in the field. Every crushing process is analyzed, planned extensively and implemented on a certain merit and that is the key to a successful crushing operation.